Neil Aitken and The Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)
Creating Champions and Facilitating Pain Free Golf
Whether it is to win your next bounce game, lower your handicap, secure the club championship, progress through the various professional tours or simply to enjoy golf without pain, Neil is here to help.
Neil Aitken was the first physiotherapist in Scotland to be certified as a Medical Professional with The Titleist Performance Institute. The TPI medical screen involves the most detailed analysis of human movement in relation to the golf swing that TPI has to offer. Neil also holds the TPI Fitness level 2 qualification facilitating the screening and training of golfers for strength and power. As such Neil works with golfers of all levels from Tour Professionals through to club golfers. His specialist work in this area is split between performance enhancement and the treatment of injured golfers.
Neil’s area of expertise is human movement in relation to the golf swing. His role is to identify physical limitations that are impeding your technical improvement. This could be due to mobility, stability, balance, strength or power. As such Neil will look to compliment the work of your teaching professional as it is their role to determine the technical requirements of your golf swing.
How to get started with Neil and the TPI:
- Contact Neil for an initial screening appointment or book online now
- Neil will conduct a 1:1 physical screening appointment where he will thoroughly examine your body’s funcion in relation to golf specific mobility, strength and power. (approx 1 hour; £85)
- Neil will assess the results of your screening and develop a six week customised exercise program to start improving your game (included in initial screening price)
- Manual therapy appointments to improve the mobility of tight joints and muscles or supervised personal training packages are available where Neil will help you to achieve your goals quicker. To learn more about this and view the packages click here.
- When not using these packages, re-screening and follow-on exercise programmes are available (£60)
About Titleist Performance Institute
At the end of the 2012/13 golf season, of the top 30 golfers in the world rankings, 23 were working with TPI Certified teams.
Titleist set up their Performance Institute after the realisation that what the body can/can’t do plays a huge part in how we swing a golf club. They brought together experts from fields including Tour players, coaches, physios and biomechanists to analyse what each part of the body does during a golf swing. This research identified that some parts of the body require mobility, some stability and you must be able to move some parts of your body independently from others.
Titleist developed a series of tests that a golfer is put through to identify if their body has the requisite mobility/stability/separation. If the golfer is struggling in any of these areas it will affect their technical ability to swing the club correctly and to generate power.